Apr 10, 2009

A perfect day for kites!...NOT!




So we went to this really pretty park! It was in the middle of town so there were quite a few people there. It was HUGE though! There was a section for having picnics and just relaxing, a section for shopping and a there was a carnival spot! So we went into the shopping center and we were looking around when we saw these kites! we thought "Hey! that could be fun!" so we bought em'! well we tried to find a spot to fly them but it was tricky! We seriously tried for 2 hours to get those stupid things up... and we couldn't do it! Well i was about to give up when this Chinese girl named Jia said to me... "have you seen a kite before?" I looked at her and was like... "ya...?" she said "oh...do you have kites in your homeland?" I again looked at her like are you freaking serious?! so I said... "ya..." and she said... "oh! have you ever flown a kite before?" By this point I was thinking ok whats your point here!? so again i just said... "yes" then she got to the point.... "Oh... your not very good at flying kites!" I just kinda sat there and looked and her like "was that all you wanted to say to me or what!?" haha but me being the nice person I am said... "Ya i'm not very good!... why don't you try!" haha well so she did and she couldn't do it either... I thought about asking her the same questions she asked me but i didn't.. so we started to work together and about 30 minutes later of running and running and jumping and getting frustrated we got it up! it only lasted about a minute though! So I gave up after that! So Jia and I got talking afterwards and it was a matter of minutes before I had a crowd of people around me wanting to talk to me! that lasted about an hour and after that i was like I gotta go... haha
Chinese people! they never give me peace! I can't even walk down the street without someone coming up to me and talking to me or wanting their picture with me! its so annoying!! So thanks mom! I just LOVE my Blonde hair and blue eyes here! it gets em' every time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment