Mar 24, 2009

Circus Day!

This is Brittney! she's really shy but she does really well when she talks!Leo walking the "tight rope" and Hula Hooping. This little boy has so much energy and can be naughty! but I love this kid! He is for sure one of my favorites! :)
This is Lee being the Penguin! He is so stinkin cute! He's a good student and laughs at everything! but put him and Leo together...and your just askin for trouble!


Circus Day Story!
I am teaching drama this week! So for today we had a Circus Day! I brought in costumes for the kids to dress up with and I also had a book about the circus. We all read the book and we talked about whats at the circus and what they do and just stuff like that! After we read the book I let them dress up and they got to walk the "tight rope" they hula hooped and had crab walk races! In my older class the 5-7 year olds, we did the same thing but added in cartwheels and walking on your hands.
Funny Story!
It was pretty cute...in one of my classes we were talking about how clowns walk on their hands! This kid named Nite got really excited and was like "Teacher! Teacher! I can walk on my hands! Let me try!" So I was like "Ok Nite! stand up and show me!" well so I was watching and he gets up and guess what he did?! He stood on his hands! like... I mean LITERALLY stood on his hands! his feet were on top of his hands! I was laughing so hard! It was pretty cute! :) It made my day! It made it even better because he was innocent about it and was so excited because he could stand on his hands! I love my kids! He didn't quite understand "standing on your hands" so I showed them and they were laughing so hard! They thought that was the funniest thing ever!
This is Kyle! He was the monkey but he wanted to wear the hat too! He is so dang cute! He loves to give hugs and is so nice! He is also not afraid to try anything and to get up and do things in front of the class. He is always the first to volunteer! I love him! (also one of my favorites!)
This isn't my home room class but its one of the classes I teach during the day! This is the 3-5 year old group and they are so freaking cute! This class is hard because they don't understand a lot of English but they still do very well! They loved the Circus!

This is me helping Peter! He couldn't quite figure out how to hula hoop! it was fun! He would spin his hips really really fast from side to side and the hula hoop would fall right off! he's such a funny kid! (again... another one of my favorites!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment