Mar 19, 2009

A night out with my Chinese Fam!






This is the amazing cook!!! All the food is put in the middle of the table and everyone digs in! (using chopsticks!) yummy!!
This is the Fam! Jessica and I are going to give them English names next time we hang out!
So as you can see we do a lot with our new Chinese family! We love them! They are pretty much amazing!!! So one night Christine and Lawrence invited us to go hang out with the "fam" we went and choose our dinner at this fish market (oh man was that fun!) and then we went home and the cook went to work! (p.s. they don't have English names yet so at the moment you won't know their names because I can't spell their Chinese names) this girl was incredibly fast at cooking! holy cow! she cooks for this many people every night! (well minus Jessica, Lawrence, Christine and I) but she cooks for her mother in law, her son, her cousin, her brother and then her sister in law! It's insane! and did I mention her cooking is AMAZING! it was the best meal I have had since I have been here and I have eaten at a lot of places! It was really funny because Christine was telling her that we had chicken feet so she assumed that we liked it and went to the store and bought us some chicken feet to surprise us! She was excited because she said... "I know I am actually cooking something they will like!" haha Jess and I were like uh...crap! and you can't not eat it! I mean really.... So dinner was served and there was a whole bowl of chicken feet just for us! (the rest of the family doesn't like them!) so Jess and I dung right on it! biting of the toes one at a time...the crunch of the bone breaking was the worse part...but now get this! They were so freaking good! i couldn't believe it! I had no problem eating them! It was so good! After dinner I got the recipe and i am so excited to make them for you guys when I get back! they are so awesome! :) That night was really fun! They were all shocked at how good we were at chopsticks! haha ya....Jess and I are pretty much pros! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment