Mar 30, 2009

Red, Yellow and Blue!!!

Today was such an awesome day of teaching! :) I loved it so much!!! I am teaching arts and crafts this week and its my favorite thing to teach! well... that and kitchen! So today we were doing stuff with paint! (everyone called me crazy and thought I was daring) Can't be a good teacher without taking a risk i guess! haha just kidding... i totally made that up! oops! so anyways we did straw paintings today! I had three colors, red, yellow and blue! We talked about which colors make what colors when mixed and just had fun painting! they loved blowing through the straws and seeing the paint slide across the table! every class loved it! :) This one kid Michael... he is pretty naughty started talking in Chinese and that boy loves the Chinese chair! so we had to think of something else he would have to do if he spoke Chinese... we came up with him standing in the corner with his nose in the wall. So I had him do that and don't even worry! It didn't work! He blew into the wall so it made LOTS of noise! I was like oh geez! It was really funny and I had to hold in my laugh because I couldn't let him see that it was funny!...but it was! darn that kid! haha So the rest of the day went well...then I had my 5th and last class. They are all four year olds and there are 12 of them! they are supercute but there are a couple of them that love to make mischief! One of them would be Eva! Towards the end of class Eva said to me.. "Teacher! I like to paint!" I replied... "I like to paint too!" Then she took her hand and wiped the paint off of someone Else's paper and I was like "Eva! Go wash your hands!"Well she did...but just not in the way I wanted her too... before I could do anything she takes her hand with blue, green and yellow paint ALL over it and turns to the kid next to her (Eason) and wipes it ALL over his hair! Oh my gosh! I was freaking out! I didn't even know what to say (and plus I was trying to hold back my laugh!) It was almost time for rotation so I took Eason and Eva and had them by the hand so they couldn't touch anything while Jessica came in to rotate the kids into the next class! So now I had a problem... My class was here and I had two kids with paint all over them! what was I to do!? hmm.. A Chinese teacher ended up coming in and taking over my class while I took the two little kids into the bathroom. I washed Eva first and sent her back to class and then I had Eason to deal with... haha I put Easons head under the faucet and got his hair wet... (oh p.s. their bathrooms have showers in them because some of the kids sleep at the school) So i got some Johnson and Johnson soap and I scrubbed him down! (Poor boy!) I felt so bad! but it was really funny! I was laughing so hard! It was a good/hectic day of teaching but on days like these...that's when I love it the most! :)

3 comments:

  1. You are brave!! Jeremy freaks when I pull the playdough out!! LOL. That sounds funny though. Way to go! You are going to be all trained to me a mother...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this sounds about right!! I remember the kids doing the same stuff in my class only it was with markers and I was the one who got attacked :) Sounds fun, Im glad you can look at it and just laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really fun! haha I was trying so hard to hold in my laugh! Poor kid! Ya chelle... playdough is rough...I have already done that so I don't even know what I thought about doing paint! haha but they are the best activities! it's really weird! love you too!

    ReplyDelete